Yesterday on the Tourist Train was exactly what I thought it would be. I did a lot more Patagonia research, like four hours, and just sat there. We went straight to Zipaquira, about 3 hours. Since I had already driven there there were no new views, not that they are really that pretty anyway. We spent an hour in Zipaquira (the town, not the salt cathedral) and then got back on the train and went back towards Bogota to Cajica. Cajica was also adorned with lights, and there were two red light up pine trees in the central plaza. She goes "oh look at the red trees! how pretty!!" and I told her that we have REAL red trees in America! She was surprised. We spent two hours walking around and eating lunch in Cajica and then returned on the train, not getting back to Bogota until about 5. We took a taxi home, which saved us about two hours, which was really nice. On the train I realized my host mom doesn't know all the seasons since there aren't any in Bogota! She forgot fall, my favorite season!
Today at work my co-worker Miriam's parents visited. We went to the Casa Hogar with them and ended up spending about an hour there with the girls just hanging out with them. It was the first time I actually enjoyed being there because I didn't have to try to get them to listen to me or anything. I wish I had that kind of setting with them more! Also we found out that the director of Casa Hogar is not going to be working there anymore when the commence again in January, but we don't know why. We know there has been multiple problems with the girls from the house stealing money from her, but that was probably only one of the problems contributing to it. Also, Miriam's parents were speaking in German when we were in the bakery, and I answered a question they asked and they were like "You understand German?!". It always feels so good when that happens! :)
OH also, I forgot a really important part of that homeless guy story. So after I said "No. Hablo. Espanol", he started speaking English to us! It was kind of broken English but what he was saying totally made sense! WHAT?! Of all people to speak English, of course it was the homeless guy. So weird.
Love,
Anna
Anna
You haven't blogged in a while! I want to hear about your trip!!!
ReplyDelete