Monday, December 7, 2009

Few little things..

Just a few little things..:

The other day a homeless man came up to me and was asked if I spoke Spanish (I was sitting in front of Museo del Oro with Amy speaking English). For some reason I decided to say "No hablo Espanol" in a really gringo accent! I don't know why I did that.

Tonight was the "Dia de los Luces" or "Dia de las Velas" or something, and Amy and I went to the North (Parque de Virrey) and it was like Candyland there, too! They really get into the Christmas spirit, but more with things like sunflower and random lights than actual Christmas themed lights.

Tomorrow I am going with my host mom on the "Tren Turistico" through parts of Bogota and up to Zipaquira and back because it is a festivo. I am hoping that it doesn't take too long, but she told me to bring a book in case I get bored...I think it basically just like sitting all day and looking out the window at parts of the country that I've already seen! But we'll see..

On Wednesday night I leave for El Cocuy with two friends. I am actually kind of hoping that we don't do the seven day trek we previously planned because I want to save money for Patagonia. I am looking forward to just doing day hikes and having some relaxed alone time with pretty scenery! Also, speaking of Patagonia, I am really hoping that I can do that trip. I have been researching it a lot lately and am going to plan it all down to the dollar so that I can be organized and prepared for the whole thing. One problem though: the backpack that my dad gave me to bring is TINY! It fits the tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, and about one or two outfits of clothing. For a month worth of backpacking! No stove. No jackets. No Chacos. No books...We'll see how it goes! I will definitely travel as lightly as possible, but I hope it'll all work out. I'm sure it will!

Ta-ta for now.

3 comments:

  1. That is NOT a 'tiny' backpack! It's actually LARGE for a woman your size! Jen used that for a month trip in Aconcagua, including the big sleeping bag you have and a lot of cold weather gear! suck it up miss prissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you coming home for Christmas? What dates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not saying I need to bring more things! I am only bringing two pairs of pants and one pair of shorts, DAD. I am just saying that there's no way I'd be able to fit a camping stove plus in there WITH my clothing! And no Macey, I'm staying here for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete