Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Last days in Dunedin/ first days in Queenstown
Our last days in Dunedin were packed with activities! On the second to last day I walked 3k uphill..a STEEP hill..to get to Lanarch Castle. I took the early bus and went alone because Lana wanted to sleep in but I wanted to do a brewery tour later in the afternoon. It was a gorgeous walk, even though it was super windy and I complained to myself the whole way! The actual castle wasn't that cool but the castle gardens were pretty neat. I then had to walk all the way back downhill (!) and I took the bus from the main road back into town. I took a "Beer and Chocolate Tour" at Speight's Brewery that afternoon. After the tour I took a bus up to Baldwin St., which is the steepest street in the world! (According to the Guiness Book of World Records). I walked all the way up it and back down in 10 minutes because I had to quickly catch a bus back into town so I could go on my sensory tour of the Cadbury Factory! It was super neat to watch them making the chocolate.. They are already making Santa chocolates! We got so much free chocolate I honestly don't even know what to do with it all because I know there is no way I can eat it before I get home (good for mom, dad, and the boys)! The next morning I toured a Gourmet Ice Cream Company and got free ice cream and truffles, yum. We left around noon on the Taieri Gorge Railway and got into Queenstown in the evening. That was yesterday, and today Lana is skiing a half day (which I can't because my knees are bothering me from all the walking) and I am doing a gondola ride/luging! We are skiing a full day tomorrow(!!!) and then seeing Harry Potter tomorrow evening! Dunedin honestly wasn't that great, but I really like Queenstown! Love everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Honey! Hope you're having fun and being safe and loved skiing and haven't eaten TOO much chocolate! Miss you lots. MOM
ReplyDelete