Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Two Weeks

So in my last post I had three weeks left of work and now I have two, but six weeks have passed since I last updated! That means..lots of time "paseando"! I am going to make all these long stories short.

El Cocuy: We went to do a 6 day trek in the Sierra Nevada del Cocuy. We went up 2000 meters (6000 feet) in one day..therefore I got altitude sickness and didn't complete the trek. I stayed there for a few days longer just hanging out in the mountains at lower elevation to enjoy it :)

HOME!: On December 20th I bought a ticket home. On the night of the 21st, I was home :) I had gotten pretty homesick despite being home three and a half weeks before, and as a Christmas present mommy bought me a ticket home! It was perfect.

Medellin and Sofia: On the same night that I got back to Colombia my friend Sofia also landed at the airport to come visit me! We went to Medellin and had an amazing new years at Mango's-- a club with midget clowns, hip-hop dancers and lots of hay. We didn't leave 'til 7 in the morning-- I would say it was a good night. When Sofia and I came back to Bogotá we went to Suesca to climb-- finally!! I had been wanting to go forever but didn't want to go alone. I am so glad we went because I had a blast and it made me realize how much I really miss rock climbing.

Bonaire: The day after Sofia left I flew to Bonaire (a small island in the Caribbean) to go diving with my mom! It was AMAZING. I had never been to the Caribbean and it was exactly like the pictures! Bonaire doesn't have the nicest beaches but it is famous for it's diving and it was everything I expected it to be. We got 14 dives in in 6 days. I feel totally comfortable in the water now and I hope we can do trips like that more often!

Back to Colombia..: I have been back in Colombia for two weeks or so. I had two days of work but they were completely pointless so I skipped two days after that and went to my host grandma's house for lunch once and Gustavo's house for lunch once. We went to Pacho for our mid-term (final for me) camp and I told the program exactly how I feel about them. That was interesting. I got sick when we got back from camp and today is my first day back at work since then. I am only going to be working in the bakery, and am probably only going to work three days a week. More to come later!

Love,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. just commenting cause you said you dont like people actually reading...weirdo haha

    ReplyDelete