My week home was amazing, but went by so so so quickly. I remember right after my dad left and knowing there was only four weeks until I went home, and now I'm already back in Colombia. The highlights were the first Saturday night, when I went to a friend's house where almost all of the friends I wanted to see were, and my two trips to Tahoe, on one of which I went skiing! I really enjoyed the fall colors (and the snow!) also, because there definitely aren't fall colors (or snow) here in Colombia. I also had a blast baking, and am probably going to put my mom in the poor house when I get home! I baked: oatmeal cranberry cookies, two peanut butter pies, pecan bars, four pumpkin loaves and six pumpkin muffins, a mixed berry pie, a two layer apple spice cake, dark chocolate spice cupcakes with chocolate ganache, banana nutella muffins and sugar-topped molasses spice cookies (I think that's it...)! Thanksgiving dinner was really nice and I am glad I got to see everyone. I also I took tons of pictures to show my host parents, and am excited to show them a little more of my life in America.
My flights back were as good as they could have been-- I slept the whole way on both flights. The airport was a madhouse when I landed in Bogotá because five flights had gotten in at the same time, so that was a little stressful. My host mom and host uncle were waiting for me, because my host dad is travling on business AGAIN. It took about an hour and a half for me to get from the plane out of the airport, and then another twenty-five minutes waiting to figure out what was going to be done with the car since it was POURING (and supposedly it hadn't rained the whole time I'd been gone but now it started. Great welcome) and we got separated. I finally got home about three hours after I had landed and started unpacking. I had told the lady at the United counter when I first checked my bags that I had a glass bottle in one of them, and she never put the fragile sticker on. Because of that, I had a broken glass bottle and "KinderPunsch" spilled all over my clothing. I went to bed around two and woke up around 5 and was all wet. My pants, my bed and my comforter were soaked, and I realized that it was raining inside my room! While I was gone a crack had formed in my celing and it was now raining down on me. Great. After all of that, I am now at work, and am feeling a little better (because I was obviously super frustrated after all of that). I only have two weeks and then I get four weeks off! I am really excited to take advantage of my time left here in Colombia and make the most of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH NO!!! I missed you!!!!! I had on my calendar that you were home for 2 weeks and then I emailed your mom this morning to figure out when I was going to to come visit and you were gone!!! I'm so bummed!! Can't wait to see you NEXT time =(
ReplyDeleteaww that is so sad! ps did my mom tell you that my two front tires had nails in them when you guys returned the car? haha what were you guys doing with it! yeah i'll be home in like three monthsish...so see you then!
ReplyDeleteyeah she told me, Bobby said they were fine when he left willows that night . . . he works in an office bulding . ..
ReplyDeleteyeah my mom goes "does he drive through a construction site?!?" but no problem, it was free to fix! :)
ReplyDelete