Sunday, June 28, 2009

First days in Australia

Hi Dad, I think you're the only one reading this and you're the only one I text regularly!
Australia has been really amazing. The plane wasn't bad at all. We stayed over at Lana's friend Heather's house for the first night and shopped on the first day (we got in at 8 am). Their friend Eddie picked us up from the airport. He is like 73 and super funny and drives a BMW like a madman. Melbourne was really cool with lots of little alleyways and stuff. I have pictures that I will try to post on facebook or on here if I ever get a wireless internet connection. We came down here to Ocean Grove (where Lana's house is) after the first night and it is so cute! They don't have a car so we walk everywhere. The beach is a five minute walk away, and I have woken up and walked down to it every morning so far. I am still sick with that cough and now my nose is all stuffed up, so I spent MY OWN MONEY and bought myself a 15 dollar medicine! Ahem! AND I spent my OWN 40 dollars on groceries yesterday and made gnocci with pesto, garlic and tomatoes for everyone last night! I am very proud of that. Ok well there isn't much more to say. Tell everyone I miss them!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anna!!! I miss you. I am very glad your flight was OK and that you're enjoying Lana's family's home near the beach. It sounds lovely.

    I too am very proud of you for shopping/cooking/paying for your dinner. I get the same kind of feeling of accomplishment when I do something like fix the sprinklers or refinish a piece of furniture, and I really love it. Feeling capable and self-sufficient is a wonderful thing.

    I texted you too but this is much easier... you know, as you've said yourself, I 'suck at texting'.

    Besitos.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. o wow you're alive! i definitely didn't get that text back and you didn't email back so i was a little worried. anyway, i also just bought my own hydrocortizone cream! gosh i hate spending money on stuff like that though.

    i really like it here. maybe i will have to go to college here.. :)

    anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I wanna see some content here! What are you up to honey, besides slathering hydrocortisone on something that itches?

    ReplyDelete